Thursday 6 August 2009

The last week gallery









I have been working on an unusual project, making pictures for The last week gallery. I've always worked from home since graduating from college many years ago, so it is strange taking my studio out and working in an environment very different to what I am used to. What do I take with me? What will I make?
My canvas is huge! I've never made pictures on walls before. It is liberating and fun and much more physical than working on a desk. It takes much longer to make the images, and I have to stretch and crouch and sit down on the floor. I have to work quickly before the sun sets.
All the work will be destroyed once the demolition of the flats begin, but nevertheless, I am just enjoying the whole experience of doing something very different to my usual work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment