Tuesday 29 September 2009

Palette and papers






At last, the light at the end of a very long tunnel! I'm free!! I feel like a mole stepping out into the world - everything is so bright and colourful! It feels good to walk, and be part of the outside world :)
After a good 10 days or so of locking myself in the studio and working non-stop, I've finally finished the artworks for the Lion Hudson book.
I can't show the finished spreads yet, so here are pictures of the mess left behind...

Things get very messy during projects - there's bits of paper all over the desk and floor, which get stuck to my socks and travel all around the house. Sometimes I find miniature paper trousers in the bathroom and tree branches in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. hooray!! did you do the whole book in ten days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be impossible!! I got the brief around May so I've had aaages to do it, but sometimes it's harder to stay motivated and keep up the pace when the deadline is so far away. I'm one of those last minute panic kind of illustrators!!

    ReplyDelete