Sunday 30 May 2010

correspondence


I've been enjoying a bit of correspondence with the amazing Iranian illustrator Morteza Zahedi lately :)
I came across his work at the Bologna children's book fair some years ago, and have been a huge fan ever since. He has shared with me some of his latest work, a series of sculptures - quite different from what I have seen him do before, but still exciting and inspiring nevertheless. This is my favourite piece :)
It's always exciting to see artists work in a different medium - something I have been thinking about for quite some time now. I need to leave my comfort zone and try new things, make mistakes and new discoveries. I also want to go back to basics and start drawing from life again. I always have a sketchbook with me when I leave the house now - all I need to do is give myself some time to just sit and watch and draw the world go by...

No comments:

Post a Comment