Monday 20 October 2014

bye bye studio



It is with HUGE relief that I can say I finished my picture book commission before baby's arrival - 2 days before due date - talk about cutting it fine!!

I've been packing up my studio as I'll be on indefinite maternity leave. I said goodbye to my paint covered desk as it went off to the dump, along with my palette which had grown heavier and knobblier over the past 10+ years I've been using it. The last picture is the other side of the palette where I'd sliced off the knobbly bits to reveal layers upon layers of colour.

It feels sad to say goodbye to these things, to see bare walls and have everything packed away not knowing when they'll come out to play again, but at the same time I'm happy to take a bit of a break - well, it's hardly going to be a break as we face many sleep-deprived months ahead of us again...!

2 comments: