Sunday 3 July 2016

Lovely books

Me and my boy have been enjoying some lovely books lately.
First up are three books from the "Mammoth Academy" series by the brilliant Neal Layton, in Japanese!! Big thanks to my agents Arena for sending us these copies - it's a real treat for us to have books in Japanese, especially when the language is becoming more of a struggle for the boy the older he gets. He still gives it a good try though and has really enjoyed these stories, which often left him in a fit of giggles :D


Next up is the beautifully illustrated "Iron Man" by Ted Hughes. I'm a huge fan of Laura Carlin's art and bought this book for myself many years ago (although I never actually got round to reading it!) so it feels extra special to be able to read it together with my boy for the first time. We're about a third of the way through and I can't wait to find out what happens next. The illustrations really do match the mood of the story, and there's a great sense of suspense and intrigue - although I do have to remind him that it is MY book so his fingers must not be grubby and he must be extra careful with it!










No comments:

Post a Comment